Sunday, September 2, 2018

Rocktober

When I was growing up, I met a Catholic Sister named Charlotte. She was an art and music teacher and even though I lived across from the church/school, I did not attend there, but did go to church there. I was 11 and she was 22 when we met.
We became fast friends and she helped me through many things in life and was very talented and tutored me in music and art. I was naturally gifted, but she gave me some formal lessons throughout life. I am not a great musician or artist, but I am very passionate. The first song she taught me was one I begged her to teach me by Ace Frehley of the band Kiss (I was born in 1965). It was off his solo album and it was an instrumental entitled "Fractured Mirror".
She taught me on an acoustic guitar. I am a small woman (only 5 feet tall) and I was very petite and had and still have very small hands. They were also very tender. She found an inexpensive electric guitar at a St Vincent DePaul thrift shop and gifted it to me as a Halloween gift (the first Rocktober).
I practised that song until my fingers literally bled and when she found out she was aghast. It's when I first understood the concept of suffering for ones art and that birthing creations can be messy.
When Annica and I had our first Rocktober in The Magic Kingdom, I had not played in a long time and it delighted her for me to play and it excited me, as well. It was very intoxicating playing there in the meditation gazebo with the fire lit inside at night. I have art depicting this but cannot publish it here, unfortunately. The ancient Greeks had places of high magic and learning that only the adepts could attend called Telesterions, where they played and had activities to honor and excite the Gods and Goddesses, so we dubbed that place we played and had our secret personal rituals "The Telesterion". I would play all month long until my fingers bled and the finale would be on Halloween.
We also had our own games we played. One called Light Up, where we would hang a lot of fairy lights and also shine lights and burn candles near the stained glass and there would be awesome lights and colors and we would play various instruments, including water in glass goblets and I'd play with my fingers or a small mallet.
We also had one called "Found Sound" where she and I would gather various items from off of the Magic Kingdoms property that we could find and there were TONS of things to utilize on Gaines' 5+ acres and we would try to recreate different songs or pieces of music we loved with what we found. I would also use the PA system and amps to play different music and tones or music with a lot of electronics and bass which she really loved and responded to. It was the first way I learned to have "foreplay" or preludes to romance and lovemaking with her. We are all vibrational beings and Annica and her ilk are purely vibrational and learning to excite her through vibration and tone were my first lessons on loving and courting such a wondrous Being.

No comments:

Post a Comment