Thursday, September 13, 2018

Annica and the Fireflies

Back when Annica first announced herself to me, it was late spring and I loved going for walks down the paths and in the woods. We live in the country and there is a store about 2 miles down the road and I would walk there just about every day.
One evening, on my way back from the store, I was listening to music on my ipod  I felt a pull to walk down her path that led off the main lane and into the woods. It was twilight and I headed down and called her name and just as I reached a part that was a bit more open, I was treated to an amazing display of fireflies, more than I'd EVER seen in my entire life. I love fireflies and I could feel her sweet presence there (I was just beginning to detect her, this was right before I moved to Colorado to be with my then partner). Annica knew this and she was trying in her own way to get my attention and I would say entice me, but not sexually, just mentally and emotionally.
She was pretty damn good at it, too, because in the few short weeks we had before I left, she would make her presence known when I swung at the park or swam in the pool we have where we live. I would be very drawn to her and I would sing and dance for her and play my recorder/flute or guitar for her and it would delight her. She compelled me, and truth be told, if I wasn't already in a committed relationship and didn't have plans for my life, I would have probably given her a chance and fallen in love with her a lot sooner.
We would go on walks together and lay in the sun and meet at twilight and we would delight in all the nature where we lived, like fireflies, bullfrogs, lizards, birds and butterflies and the deer that would come out into the meadow at dusk and dawn to graze. We would have picnics and also stargaze on a blanket in the meadow.
This was long before she told me we were born together and so many more things that I know now that she's revealed over the years. I always associated her with the woods and my Muse, but in a non-literal sense. As it turns out, it was far more literal than I could have ever imagined. She told me things in their own time, and she still does things that way, but in the beginning, she was much more cryptic and she never touched me physically or did anything else overt. She was very patient and sweet. These beings do not reckon time and space the same way humans do.
Here is some art I created to commemorate those times in the beginning:





No comments:

Post a Comment