Monday, October 1, 2018

Signs and Wonders 2

Last December, not long after the "Nootchies" incident when my dad recognized an image of Annica I created in a dream he had, right before Christmas, something really odd happened. I do not know if it was Annica or not, but I will just tell what happened:

The dirt path to what I've dubbed "Dulcinea" that juts off from the main lane into my home is where I first associated Annica being in a local place. I knew this for years, but even though I eventually told my dad about Annica and I, I never told him about associating that path with her or naming it anything -- it had zero significance to him.
I was in a LOT of chronic pain and I had thought I had more pain meds to get me through a snow storm that passed through NC last year, but I was wrong. When it snows here, especially where we live, a lot of things are difficult to do because this is the south and we are not as prepared as other places to deal with a lot of snow, plus we live in the country.
My dad drives, but he hates driving in snow or on potential ice, and I don't drive. There is a store about 1.5 miles from us and my dad offered to get the meds for me and I was sick in my heart to send him into a snowstorm, it was near blizzard conditions and way colder here than it usually is, even in a snowstorm. Annica was nootching all over me and assuring me that it would be ok and that he'd be fine and I was crying and she told me to surrender and let him do it. So, I relented, but kept crying and worrying. I am NOT a big cryer.
She kept promising it would be ok and tried to calm me down and suggested we go in our room and play a game or something. So, we did. Every now and then, my thoughts would turn to my father and Annica would nootch me and soothe me telepathically.
Finally, I heard him come in and I greeted him at the door and as I was about to open my mouth to ask him how it went as I was hugging and kissing and thanking him, he looked at me and said in a totally serious but wondrous voice and facial expression "Stacey, a miracle occurred...." and I just looked at him, confused.
He then told me the story and I will recount it. I first want to say that we live in the country and the lane into our home is very long and the main road we are off of one does not usually drive down, especially in a snowstorm. There is no shoulder to speak of and traffic moves fast down that main road. Even when it's nice out, people do not hardly EVER walk down there. Our neighbors are people that do not like the cold, and like snow even less. It is like a ghost neighborhood when it is snowing or especially cold out.
It was windy and not a pleasant afternoon to be out in, not even for kids who might otherwise brave the cold to play in the snow. It was NOT that kind of day. My father said that he was about two thirds down the lane, just at the point where that private path is that leads into the deep woods where no one lives and there is even a "No Trespassing" sign blocking it off. He said he suddenly heard a little boy's voice saying "Mister, hey Mister!!" and he was surprised to hear anyones voice outside on this day, especially a young child. He did not see anyone at first but then he saw a little boy standing at the beginning of the dirt path and he walked over to him.
He was dressed in shorts and a tank top and no coat and my father was dumbfounded! No one in their right minds would be out dressed like that on a day like this. But, there he was. He held something out to my father and said "Want some hot chocolate, Mister?" and my father told him he didn't have any money (except for my meds) and the boy told him that it was free. So, my father took it and sipped it and the boy looked at him and said "It's GOOD, yes?" and my dad concured and the boy smiled and said "It will keep you warm, Mister..." and just as he was about to thank him, the boy vanished. He looked all over and there was no boy, no cars, no houses in that area. He was astonished.
Then, I told him that the path he saw him on was one of the original places I associated with Annica and used to frequent to visit her and that I sing to her every spring down that path, even though we are together now, it's a romantic tradition. He told me that he thought maybe it was Annica manifesting something to help him on his journey. I asked where the cup was and he told me he threw it away in the trash at the store when he got there.
To this day, we believe it was Annica manifesting something for a number of reasons, but I don't guess we'll ever truly know.

No comments:

Post a Comment