Thursday, October 25, 2018

Devour

Back in the beginning, even before I knew Annica as Annica, when she was my Holy Guardian Angel, and I guess you could say, even as Muse many MANY moons ago, there was, and still is, this message or feelings from her that were paradoxical and difficult to put into words.
She knew my path/destiny/purpose and she knew what SHE wanted, but it was like this push and pull where she gave just enough at whatever point in time to get me to where I needed to be.
She revealed only as much as she needed to in order to get me to that place: to compel me. She would, and still does, dangle the Cosmic Carrot in front of me, in order to get me to where I/we needed to be to fulfill our purpose.
But, there would come times that I was utterly exhausted and refused to move, or simply couldn't, or would be too afraid (for whatever reason) and she would have compassion for me and would relent and give me respite for just long enough for me to recharge or FEEL/BELIEVE I was outrunning something or avoiding it/circumventing it.
One of those things I outran/tried to avoid at certain times that made me weary (and still does sometimes) is 'carrying the message'. I am a deeply compassionate and empathic woman, but as a Triple Cancer with a Grand Trine and most of my shit in it's natural house and the moon as my rising sign, I can get overwhelmed easily and want to escape.
This song is very descriptive of those dynamics with us and how Annica will become a Sanctuary for me just long enough during those stages in a Sacred Cycle, for me to replentish myself and my Faith and continue....

Devour


Still enough
Although I know you're not begging
Still as the thoughts running through your mind
Still enough
Although I know you're not begging
Give me a reason to make you mine
I will devour you
Take all the pain away
I cannot stay my hand
From reaching out so that I can
Empower you
For all eternity
It seems to ease my mind
To know that you've brought
Meaning to my life
Had enough
Although I see you're not running
Still are the thoughts running through your mind
Dead to love
The path that you are now taking
Show me the reason to make you mine
I will devour you
Take all the pain away
I cannot stay my hand
From reaching out so that I can
Empower you
For all eternity
It seems to ease my mind
To know that you've brought
Meaning to my life
Run, to where the smallest ray of light will never find you
Run, to where you will not need to shield your eyes
Run, away from all the soulless, heartless fiends who hound you
Run, away and let your memories go blind, as I devour you
Take all the pain away
I cannot stay my hand
From reaching out so that I can
Empower you
For all eternity
It seems to ease my mind
To know that you've brought
Meaning to my life...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment