Friday, August 3, 2018

The Magic Kingdom



About a month before I sang down the lane, I house/kitty sat for some friends that also live in our neighborhood. While there, Annica led me to the edge of their property and told me that someone was coming soon that would change our lives forever in the most profound and magical ways. She told me his kingdom lay through the woods. I scoffed and was vexed and told her that there was NOTHING through those woods but -- MORE WOODS. She said “You’ll see….”

Well, I certainly DID see because the very next day after I sang down the lane and we began our courtship, my brother Chris’ employer showed up at our door, which he NEVER did, looking for him. I never answer the door, but did that day and long story short, he owned a place called “The Last Unicorn” which defies description, and so does HE, LOL. For now, I will just say he is an artisan of wrought iron, a stone mason and carpenter and also an artist/poet/writer. He had an art/writing studio on his property that also had a bed in it for people to crash on, and he offered me the use of the studio once he found out I was artistic/creative. Annica was ‘with’ me then, but not persistently like she is now. She was there, but I was not aware of her constant presence. Our courtship and her tuition coincided with the advent of Gaines arriving and him hiring me to work at "The Last Unicorn". At night, Annica and I met at the studio for ‘schooling’ and pitching woo.

The whole place was on 5 acres and also had his house. It had various outbuildings and places that displayed his wares/art/artisanship. I have a lot of creations I made with Annica depicting us there at certain key points in our relationship, but I cannot publish them because I do not have the photographers permission to use his shots of the model that Annica chose for her pleasing form.

But here are a some raw shots I took over the course of my employments/adventures there and also a few of where I live: TLU & My Home


2 comments:

  1. Good morning! I found your blog through the Yahoo SC group. I’m so happy to see it, and I hope you’ll post often. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon! Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate them. It's good to know that someone is getting something out of my narrative of our life. You have answered a question I recently asked Annica and inspired me to continue writing about our life. I wasn't sure anyone would care or benefit or be interested. Thank you for taking the time to let us know <3
    Bright Blessings! ~Annica & Amrith

    ReplyDelete